- Natural England.
- There is a useful set of advice notes provided by Dorset County Council here.
Mammal Societies & Wildlife Conservation Organisations
- Blandford Otters and Wildlife – Facebook page.
- Dorset Wildlife Trust – Dorset’s premier wildlife conservation organisation managing 38 sites which preserve important habitats for mammals and offer opportunities for mammal watching.
- Hedgehog Street – a joint project of the PTES and British Hedgehog Preservation Society.
- Mammal Society – The UK’s premier mammal society. A great source of information with lots of useful links.
- People’s Trust for Endangered Species – UK-based organisation carrying out research & conservation programmes in the UK and elsewhere. Also organises excellent mammal watching events across the UK.
- RSPB – the UK’s premier conservation organisation. Manages four reserves in Dorset; Arne, Garston Wood, Lodmoor and Radipole Lake all of which over excellent opportunities for watching mammals.
- Vincent Wildife Trust – A charity focused on safeguarding the future of mammals in Britain and Ireland.
- Wildlife Trusts of Great Britain – the UK’s premier conservation organisation. Manages four reserves in Dorset; Arne, Garston Wood, Lodmoor and Radipole Lake all of which over excellent opportunities for watching mammals.
Neighbouring Mammal Groups
UK Species/Species Groups
- UK Wild Otter Trust
- Badgers’ Trust.
- Bat Conservation Trust.
- British Deer Society.
- British Hedgehog Preservation Society.
- Deer UK.
- Dorset Bat Group.
- International Otter Survival Fund.
- Poole Basin Deer Management.
- Red Squirrel Group UK.
- Seal Conservation Society.
- The Dormice Site.
- The Fox Project.
- The River Allen Bat Roost.
- Whale and Dolphin Trust.
- Wild Boar in Britain.
- Mammal Watching – one of the best websites out there for people who want to actually see mammals. A global focus but a huge amount of excellent information and lots of useful links.
- Peoples Trust for Endangered Species – UK-based organisation carrying out research & conservation programmes in the UK and elsewhere. Also organises excellent mammal watching events across the UK.
- League Against Cruel Sports.
- National Anti-snaring Campaign.
- RSPCA – the UK’s leading animal welfare charity.
- Alana Ecology – now part of NHBS – an excellent source of mammal watching and recording equipment from optics, to bat detectors and mammal traps.
- Blandford Otters and Wildlife
- OPAL: The Dorset Mammal Group is particularly grateful to OPAL for a generous grant in 2013 which enabled us to purchase equipment.
- Wild About Britain (mammals).
- Wildlife Conservation Research Unit.
- UK Wildlife Conservation Holidays. Plan a break working with wildlife – a choice of locations and durations.